Model Q-10 is provided with three factory adjustable parameters which provide performance flexibility to meet a multitude of applications:
- paddle area
- paddle Length
- paddle stiffness
Responds to fluid flow only, independent of line pressure and temperature.
Max. flow may be five times normal flow.
Positive stop eliminates fatigue effects of turbulence, vibration and flow surge on flow detecting element.
Small size and low profile provides easy mounting in crowded installations.
Very low pressure drop – typically less than 1.0 psig at normal flow rate. quick response.
available with no, nc or spdt reed switch switches 5vdc to 240vac. switches resistive and light inductive loads. switch employs magnetic coupling.
Send us your special requirements. We will quote a special unit to meet those requirements.
- Flow range 0.7–1,025 gpm (2.6–3,880 l/m)
- working temp 32˚–200˚F (0˚– 93˚C)
- working pressure 250 psig (1.724 kpa)
- process connection 1″ npt
- electrical (reed) switch Spno 0.5A
Monitoring flow of coolant supplied to:
- Brakes and clutches
- Emergency wash-down showers
- Computer systems
- Marine and stationary engines
- Diodes, scrs, triacs, etc.
- RF and radar transmitters
- Spot welders
- Fire sprinkler Flow alarms
- Lasers vacuum systems
In chemical processing:
- Fluid blending systems
- Liquid transfer
- Heat transfer fluids
- Monitor filter clogging
- Liquid scrubbers
- Starting back-up pumps
- Monitoring pump output, valve position, systems flow status
In water treatment:
- irrigation systems
- municipal water supply systems
Typical Working Fluids
For use in concentrated acids, bases, ketones, esters, alcohols, phenols, etc.
- Mild acids
- Mild Bases
- Plating solutions
- Lubricating oils
- Cooling tower water
- Glycol solutions water (saltwater, pure, tap, etc.)
Electrical (REED) Switch Characteristics
- AC voltage (max. switching): 300VAC
- DC voltage (max. switching): 350VDC
- Current (max. switching): 0.5A
- Current (max. carrying): 2.5A
- Power (max) (VA, W): 50 watts
- Contact resistance (max. initial): 0.15 ohms
- Insulation resistance: 1010 ohms
- Operating temperature: -40°F–240°F (-40°c–115°c)
Optional: SPNC or SPDT, 3 watt, 100vVAC/VDC.
Working pressure: 200 psig max. @ 70˚F
Working temperature: 180˚F @ ambient pressure
Wetted Materials: Body and cover: Noryl (PPO) (10% glass fibers) Shaft: 316 stainless steel
Working pressure: 250 psig max. @ 70˚F
Working temperature: 200˚F @ ambient pressure
Wetted Materials: Body and cover: Noryl (PPS) (40% glass fibers) Shaft: 316 Hastelloy C
The Models Q-10N and Q-10VCR are compatible for use with the following chemicals: Acetic Acid, Ammonia, Ammonium Chloride, Ammonium Sulfate, Hydrochloric Acid, Hydrogen Sulfide, Nitric Acid, Phosphoric Acid, Plating Solutions, Potassium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Hypochlorite, Sodium Sulfate, Tannic Acid, Water – Acid – Mine, Water – Distilled, Water – Fresh, Water – Salt, Zinc Chloride, Zinc Sulfate
This list is just a sample selection. For specific concentrations and configurations see the Chemical Resistance Chart.
Switch contacts have been tested with small relays and 30a J-C relay inductive driving coils at 120/240VAC to 500,000 operations without failure.
Model Q-10N can also be fitted with a SPDT Gold Cross Bar Switch for computer/pLc interface.
Note: model Q-10N employs magnetic coupling between bending blade and switch body. magnetic particles can accumulate on and around magnetic housing which may affect proper operation. please conduct appropriate fluid magnetic particle evaluation and operational tests prior to and during installation and use.
Model Selection Chart
Pipe Size NPT
Switch Point Range